Monday, July 21, 2014

New Bird Bath

I love wandering through antique stores and garage sales looking for items I might be able to repurpose. Just small things.




Here's our most recent project-a birdbath made from an old light fixture. I saw this idea in a gardening book at school and then I looked it up on Pinterest and found more examples. I showed the idea to my husband and he agreed it was a cool idea and he said he would help me.

It took awhile to find a light fixture I was willing to buy. $35-$55 dollars seemed a bit pricy. Even the $15 I paid for this was more than I was expecting to pay but after seeing the other prices my husband said go for it, so I did. 

Once we got it home I cleaned it up and then he did rest of the work. 


I've included some close up photos so you can see how it is put together.



 Now, I just need to wait for the birds to discover it and get some pictures of it being used.

We're pleased with the way it turned out.

Here are a couple more we tried.
This one did not work. As soon as we added water it tipped and spilled it all out. Oops!

This one works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment