Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14 Kids after the Run for the Violets

We headed to Dolgeville first thing this morning for the Run for the Violets. We've been going up there for about 7 years or so. It's a fun 5K race. As a spectator it's nice because we are able to walk and see the kids go by in four different places. Someone usually comes home with a prize. Today it was my daughter's turn. She got a violet for placing 2nd in her age group. My son came in 16th overall but 6th in his age group. There were only 2 in my daughter's group. I could have placed 3rd if I had run! Usually we hang out in town and have breakfast and visit the old shoe factory turned antique mall and other shops. But today the kids headed for home and my husband and I took off for a Corvette show at Ballston Lake. It was a beautiful drive and a fun day. I am definitely in summertime mode!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to see such a family-oriented event, especially as they are older and moving on to their own social networks! Belated congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete