Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 13 Lunchtime


August 13 Lunchtime, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Today I dropped my daughter and her friends off at Water Safari in Old Forge, NY and headed up the road to Bald Mountain. I enjoyed the climb and stopped along the way to take pictures. Just before I reached the fire tower at the top I heard some birds chattering away. I stopped to look for them and there were four young cedar waxwings all sitting on a branch in a row being fed by a parent. By the time I got my camera ready the parent had left and the young had scattered. But I waited and little by little the young ones regrouped near each other, not in the same spot unfortunately since it would have been a much better view for the camera. While they were waiting for the parent to return they were very quiet but as soon as s/he was there they were very noisy. The parent seemed to have one of these berries for each of them every time it returned. It was great to have the time to just stop and watch the process. This was my favorite moment of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment