Saturday, December 26, 2009

December 18 Opening Night


December 18 Opening Night, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Since I skated last Saturday we've had warm weather, rain and snow. Luckily it was just a little snow and then the consistent cold temps returned. So tonight my son got home from college and he and his sister were able to get out skate under the lights. I was shooting under the low light conditions but I like this one showing some action, the long shadows and the ghost on the sideline that seems to be cheering for them. The temps look good for the next week so I'm sure the rink will be getting lots of use.

I've decided that the ghost was my dad. He passed away 3 years ago on Christmas Eve. He rarely got to see our kids skate and I know he would have gotten a kick out of watching them play in the backyard. It gave me a sense of comfort to think he was there watching over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment