Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18 Lesson Learned


January 18 Lesson Learned, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Last night this area received a little snowfall-just enough to make everything look fresh and pretty again. I got up early and headed north about 5 miles to take some pictures of Lake George and the Adirondacks. I was inspired by @dmcordell's pictures of this same spot earlier in the week.
Last week at the photo club I talked to the guest photographer/judge about my pictures. She was willing to discuss why she didn't select our photos for the awards. One of the things she mentioned was that she likes to see something living in the photo and that often times you have to be patient and wait for the right moment. As I looked at my photos today I selected this one because of the fishermen. I really do think it adds to the picture.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. The fishermen add perspective too! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the fisherman definitely complete the photo. Nice landscape photo.

    ReplyDelete