Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4 Macro Mondays-Negative Space


I couldn't come up with the shot I wanted. Note to self-begin working on these types of shots earlier in the week. But since I really want to submit two photos for the theme I went with this one as my second shot. I have two old thimbles with advertising; this one for a lumber yard and the other is the same colors/texture but advertises coffee. Interesting...


I posted this one the other day. Jan 1st and we had a little snow. Not a great snow for photographs but this one worked. On the last day of school before winter break I talked to most of the 4th graders about Wilson Bentley. I shared my love of photography and some of my snowflake and macro shots. Today my fourth graders enjoyed looking at this shot, I had it on the door of my classroom with a Happy New Year attached.

I did not take a photo with my phone today. After sitting in my car for at least 15 minutes waiting for the frost to melt on the inside of the windows I thought, oh I should have taken some pictures of the frost. Then while driving home someone flashed their lights so I slowed down and sure enough there were close to 10 deer in a yard. I did consider stopping for a picture but I knew my window was frozen shut and I didn't want to take a chance on getting rear ended. Who knows, maybe something will inspire me yet tonight.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment