Monday, July 13, 2009

Middle School Quote


Middle School Quote, originally uploaded by NedraI.

I'm attending a class at this school this week. As I've gone in out of this school in the past I had never noticed the quotes on the outside of the building. When I mentioned them to my children they were surprised by them as well. This quote is on the far right side on the front of the building.

With the emphasis our state is placing on test prep, testing and test scores I worry about the foundation of our state. I see our children being taught step by step how to answer tests questions but not being taught how to think for themselves or how to solve problems. I hope by the time our state/country figures out that testing the kids to death is not the answer it won't be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment