Thursday, February 26, 2009

Turkey in the Snow


Turkey in the Snow, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

I've started taking my camera bag in the car with me just in case I see a good photo op on my journey to and from work. Today it paid off. Right down the street I came across a flock of turkeys crossing the road. The only bad part was that it was right on a blind corner so I didn't want to linger there too long. After I got home I realized in my haste to take the picture I didn't check my camera settings and still had it on settings for macro from yesterday's shot. So the background is really grainy looking but the turkey feathers are pretty sharp. The turkeys can be seen in our area quite often, they like to feed at the bird feeders. Between a fence and a dog we don't see them in our yard.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a wild turkey. I like the detail on the feathers - even if the shot was not quite what you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the contrast between the sharpness of the feathers and the slight grain of the backgroud. They compliment each other nicely. Glad carrying your camera with constantly had paid off.

    ReplyDelete