Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 22 Author-James Bruchac


March 22 Author-James Bruchac, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Daily Shoot: Set an alarm for a random time today. Any time. When it goes off, pick up your camera and find a photo near where you are.

Ok, I cheated a little, I knew what time I'd be watching this presentation.

James Bruchac was our PARP kick off assembly today. He spent the day at our school. He did a K-2 and 3-5 session in the morning and then met with 3-5 as individual grade levels in the afternoon. I was able to take pictures since the third grades went during their special time in the morning. Then I was given coverage for the 5th grade session so I could go and take some close up photos of the kids working. James had the kids jot down things kids should or shouldn't do. Then the kids picked one of their ideas and wrote descriptions of a monster and told what it would do and why. Considering they were doing this the last hour of the day I thought they were coming up with some good ideas.
I was not familiar with him or his books but I really enjoyed listening to him tell his stories to the morning group. You can see here that he had some great expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment