Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 9 Candle Stick Symmetry


March 9 Candle Stick Symmetry, originally uploaded by NedraI.

This was one of my thoughts about symmetry on my way home from work today. I was so surprised when I went to the Daily Shoot page and saw that mhokirk had also shot a Fiesta tripod candlestick!

My mom starting collecting Fiesta Ware for me when I was in high school. She'd pick up pieces at garage sales. My aunt found these little gems at a drug store that was going out of business in her small town. They were in the basement. The orange one was 25 cents and the yellow was 10 cents because it had a small chip! I used the Fiesta for a long time and continued to add pieces if I could find them at affordable prices. But once I started chipping and breaking too many pieces I boxed most of it up. I still have my favorites on display in the china cabinet and I use those occasionally. I love the bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment