Saturday, January 1, 2011

Daily Shoot New Goal


Daily Shoot New Goal, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Make a photo illustrating a fresh start, a new beginning, or the first step to a goal.

I asked my husband if we could clean out a corner of the basement to set up the studio lights he bought years ago but that are rarely used. It turned into a major project, especially for my husband. We emptied shelves of legos, games, Game Boys, Nintendo and other treasures. Some went in the garbage, some went into bins and then to the garage attic. A few years ago we had a leak and he had taken out part of the wall but with the shelves you really didn't notice but now it was noticeable so he added the wanes-coating, I think that's what it's called, to cover up the hole. He ended up doing some other cleaning and rearranging down there as well. So now I have a corner to set things up to photograph. He found the table in the garage attic. I had attempted to strip it probably 20 years ago and given up. It will work well for holding objects and I grabbed a bunch of old lace linens to lay on top of it. I have some ideas for a back drop. So, my new goal for the year is learning about lighting and getting this corner set up was my first step.

I've been neglecting this blog after I got so far behind that I didn't think I could get caught up. So with a new year will come a new start to the blog and if I get behind this year my goal is to say oh well and just pick it back up and keep going and not worry about adding everything I missed.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful goal and a great start! Happy New Year, glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! Can't wait to see what 2011 brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. All the best in 2011. I look forward to seeing the photos it brings to your blog.

    ReplyDelete