Sunday, December 11, 2011

First Shoot

Well, I think I'm going to change the focus of this blog. Think, is the key word here. We'll see.... I've decided that I have 5 years to come up with a way to make a little extra income. In 5 years I'll be elgible to retire from teaching and I have no desire to work as a sub. So, I'm looking for a way to make some money through photography. Nature photography, especially macro, is my first love. But today I tried something new.  I did my first photo shoot and it's a good thing I decided to start early. I have LOTS of learning to do! My biggest problem today was the sun. Lots of shadows on faces and it wasn't always easy to see them in the viewfinder and that was due to the fact it was hard to see the viewfinder because it was so bright.

A few other thing I need to learn:
Be bossy-I tend to be timid
Learn to pose people
Leave more space around the outside of people-I can crop in later if needed

I would like to start using this blog as a place to learn. I'll read, watch videos and post reflections and shots I've tried based on the new learning. I want to document this new journey. This however will not begin until after the holidays!

2 comments: