Sunday, May 10, 2009

Goats


Goats, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

Today was the science fair for the 4th and 5th grades. It’s an optional activity that they complete at home. This year most of the projects were presentations instead of actual experiments. It’s held right after school so teachers will stop by to visit with students and then there’s another session in the evening for parents and community members. I have to admit I enjoy it even more now that I have all the students but it takes longer to get through. I used to just stop by and check in on former students, now I try to stop at each one and have them explain what they did. I found a few of the parents a little irritating, when I asked a student a question they jumped in to answer! One student brought in her baby goats and said she spends two hours a day caring for them. Her parents are dairy farmers and they have been instilling a great work ethic with both their children from an early age.

No comments:

Post a Comment