Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10 Mother's Day

It's been a very nice Mother's Day today. My daughter took us out to breakfast. The restaurant gave all the moms a carnation as we left. Then my husband fixed a delicious meal and after we ate my daughter cleared the table and did the dishes. When my daughter had to run an errand for school she came back with this lovely bouquet of Gerbera Daises for me. My son sent a text message this morning wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and assured me he had something for me but he's too poor to send it! He'll bring it home with him on Wed. when he returns from college. I feel so fortunate to have a loving husband and the two best kids anyone could ever ask for. I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. What a bright delight - I love the way you framed it. And I think the real point of Mother's Day is to stop for a moment to reflect on what you have in your life, and to remember those who are no longer around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is true. I probably should have mentioned that I called my mom in AZ to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and let her know I love her. It was nice that my niece graduated this weekend so my brother was there to take her out to eat and had spent the week with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I like the white background in this photo as it creates a great contrast.

    ReplyDelete