Sunday, October 25, 2009

October 21 End of the Garden


October 21 End of the Garden, originally uploaded by NedraI.

The fall garden is looking a little sad . And saying that makes me realize I haven't been taking my monthly garden photo. Oops! The Burning Bush has put on a brilliant display of red for weeks but only has a few leaves left. This plant here is one of my favorites. In the spring it's bright green with yellow flowers on top. In the summer it's all green and very full. Now the stems turn red and provide a little color to a very dreary garden after several frosts. If we have a dry day this weekend I'll be cutting down a lot of plants and trying to prepare it for the winter before the snow flies.

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting. I've never seen stalks like this.
    I also have a couple of burning bush shrubs in front of my house. I love the fact that the reds stay long after the maple reds are gone.

    ReplyDelete