Monday, March 23, 2009

Autograph Book


Autograph Book, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

This was the first thing I spotted when I thought about needing a picture for today. Now that the snowmen are gone I have some new options. I brought this book home from my grandparent's home. My grandparent's family were originally from Waterville, NY which is not far from Utica. This book has many signatures from around the local area. It even has one from Utica. It's interesting reading through the different inscriptions. The first thing I noticed was the beautiful penmanship and straight writing. Not a gift that I possess. It's also strange to think that one would have guests sign a book. Maybe it was because in 1881 they couldn't pull out a camera and snap some pictures and this was their way of remembering who had paid a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment