Sunday, March 8, 2009

Goldfinches


Goldfinches, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

I decided not to spend the entire morning in front of my computer again this morning. So, I grabbed the camera and headed off to the back deck to see if there was any action out there. And to my surprise there was! I saw or heard blue jays, a nuthatch, a tufted titmouse, a downy woodpecker, dark eyed juncos, crows, a cardinal, chickadees and lots of goldfinches. I didn't get a chance to photograph all of them but I loved hearing them all fill the air with their songs and calls.
Some of the chickadees are getting their color back and some like these are just sporting a little yellow. This bird was not very nice when it came to sharing the feeder. She ran off several competitors! My husband and I went for a bike ride later looking for more birds. We didn't see a lot but I was happy to see that the geese were returning to the swamp along a nature trail. There's just a little bit that's melted but the geese are ready to take it over. They were too far away for pictures today but we'll be back to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment