Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blocks


Blocks, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

These blocks have been in the family for a long time. The date on the lid is 1870. On the other side of the lid is a note from my Nana, dated 1967, explaining who played with them and asking my mom to take good care of them because the value of antique toys was rising. By 1967 we had passed the stage of playing with toys and they were kept on display. My mom passed them along to me. I pulled them out a few times when my kids were young and we played with them and spelled their names and then they were put back on display. Some day I hope to pull them out to do the same thing with grandchildren before passing them along to one of my children. I hope they'll continue to stay in our family for a very long time.

2 comments:

  1. What a meaningful heirloom. I like toys from the past. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely memory and a lovely picture. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete