Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 25 Putting up the Rink


November 25 Putting up the Rink, originally uploaded by NedraI.

This morning my husband and the kids headed out to the backyard to begin the process of putting up the ice rink. It's pretty much an all day endeavor. When my son was a preschooler my husband built a small 8' rink. The next year it was a little bigger. Eventually we had this sport court put in so it's used year round. There's a lot of good memories out there. This year we were lucky that the huge sheet of plastic that goes over the small white pieces seemed to be hole free. Some years the mice chew it up. So that was a huge cost savings! As I type the hose is running to begin filling it up. My son is hoping to get a lot of use out of it over Christmas break. So we're all keeping our fingers crossed for a nice cold December and January.

1 comment:

  1. What a great family tradition! You can have the cold temps. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete