Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 3 Pomegranate


Pomegranate, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Tonight my daughter went with me to pick up a few groceries. We came home with a few unplanned items, isn't that the way it always goes? We've never had a fresh pomegranate before so she asked if we could try it. I remember someone on Plurk this week commented on how much work it was for so little fruit. Luckily it came with a How To guide, seen in the background. So, while I fixed dinner she worked on preparing this fruit. It's very juicy-juice on the counter, cupboards, appliances and floor! Once she got it done she decided she didn't like it, too seedy. When my husband came home from work he said he didn't like them. Luckily, I think it's delicious! I love the tart flavor. I'll be trying some in my yogurt tomorrow. I wonder if I'll be able to talk her in to fixing another one for me some day....

1 comment:

  1. How funny. My in-laws have a pomegranate tree in their backyard. My husband loves them.

    ReplyDelete