Sunday, January 4, 2009

Expensive Hobby-4/365


Expensive Hobby, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

How much would you guess these products cost? Feeding the birds and squirrels is getting to be a very expensive hobby. What's not shown here is the 50 lb bag of peanuts, 50 lb bag of sunflower seeds and 25 lb bag of safflower seeds in the garage. What do I get for my money? Birds to watch and listen to all year long. Great photo ops and the satisfaction of knowing that I'm helping them out especially in the winter. Oh, the total cost of just these products? About $70! Yes, I need to start watching for sales.

3 comments:

  1. At that price, you might need to keep them on a diet! :) Do you have problems with squirrels getting the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually they are on a peanut diet. They only get those once a week, I won't tell you how much I paid for those last spring although this way they are lasting a long time. Yes the squirrels do eat the food and most of our feeders are chained to the poles because they'll run off with the feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We feed the birds here too. Husband does the buying of the food so I don't have a clue what it costs. But I don't imagine he spends that much.

    ReplyDelete