Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I love Maine


I love Maine, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

I'm not sure when or where I picked up this button but it sits in my typeface tray with other tiny mementos. I do love Maine. I love the lobster, lobster rolls, clam chowder in a bread bowl, craft beers, the light houses, downtown Portland and the ocean. I would go to the ocean in Maine before a warm weather ocean beach any day. I'm not a swimmer or a sun bather so I love to sit on the rocks and watch the waves come and listen to them as they crash. That is the most relaxing place in the world to me.

3 comments:

  1. I have a hooded sweatshirt with the same declaration! Unfortunately, I've never been - it was a gift! One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sitting on the rocky shore of Maine beaches as well. My favorite is in Acadia National Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Acadia. We went once before we had kids. We camped all the way up the coast. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. I've always said I wanted to go back with them but we've never made it back that far North.

    ReplyDelete