Saturday, January 17, 2009

Biking Shoe


Biking Shoe, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

Last Monday I went to my first meeting for the Ride for Missing Children. That's when it really started to sink in that I'm really committed to riding 100 miles in May to raise money to print posters for missing children. Today it sunk in even more as I went shopping for my bike and some of the extra gear. These are my shoes. I was surprised they didn't cost any more than a regular pair of sneakers. They have velcro to keep the shoelaces from getting tangled in the gears. That sounds great since I remember having that happen on more than one occasion before. They also have a piece on the bottom that will come out once I get my bike and the pedals with clips. Having my feet physically clipped to the pedals sounds a little scary but from what I hear it's the way to go.

1 comment:

  1. What a great adventure for a good cause! I guess you can't start training your outdoor rides with all of the snow, but hopefully soon...Will be anxious to hear more about the event with time!

    ReplyDelete