Monday, January 26, 2009

Little Red Chair


Little Red Chair, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

I have this little red chair and a small wooden desk. Two more of my treasures from my Aunt Bettie. I remember sitting in the chair and playing at the desk for hours when I was a little girl visiting my aunt and Nana.
My sister is an artist and she offered to do one of her collage drawings for me. I jumped at the chance to have another piece of her work in my home. I sent her pictures of the chair and a copy of the picture of my great, great Aunt Ella and her little boy Wilbur, whom the chair belonged to. She did an excellent job of combining her drawing of the chair with the photo and the textured background. My sister came to visit last April and brought the picture with her. I had tears in my eyes when I opened it. The connection of the past combined with my sister's art work is something I'll always treasure.

4 comments: