Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lilac Buds


Lilac Buds, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

When I got home today, just before five, the sun was still shining brightly and I had a little spring fever despite the 22 degree temps! First I looked out the window and couldn't see anything to photograph but grabbed the camera and headed out anyway. I was too lazy to use the tripod with my macro lens so of course the picture quality was not great. Someday I'll learn... The shot I chose are lilac buds. It will be about three months before they bloom but just seeing those buds made me feel good. I took this shot leaning over the deck and looking down on a young tree. The lilac fragrance is one of my favorites.

3 comments:

  1. ohhh, I miss my lilac bushes that scented up the entire yard when I lived in Wyoming! Isn't is fun to see the beginning of spring in action? I hope you continue to document it with pictures...tripod or not! :) I look forward to it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they lovely - like tiny chocolate flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilacs-love the lilacs! Spring come sooooonnn!

    ReplyDelete