Saturday, September 26, 2009

September 26 Giant Pumpkin Winner


September 26 Giant Pumpkin Winner, originally uploaded by NedraI.

This weekend there is a photo contest in our area. The idea is to take a picture of anything but it just has to be within 100 miles of New Hartford and it has to be taken on Saturday or Sunday. Then we have 2 weeks to get the picture printed, framed and turned in to the local camera shop. The pictures will be on display at the New Hartford Library. My husband and I took off in a quest for pictures today. We headed south for the Cooperstown area. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures that I really like. The morning sun turned to clouds and it was very windy. I'll hope for better luck tomorrow!

However, while we were in Cooperstown there was a pumpkin weigh in contest. This was the winner at 1500 pounds! Someone had brought it up from PA. I wonder what the prize was for this contest.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your photo quest. This pumpkin may have won in the weight category, but not in beauty. It would make quite a jack-o-lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a monster pumpkin! Hope you find that perfect shot :)

    ReplyDelete