Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 6 Organist


September 6 Organist, originally uploaded by NedraI.

It was hard to pick a picture for today. We had a good time at the NY State Fair. I decided to go with this gentleman playing the organ. He was fascinating to watch-his hands and feet both moving to produce the beautiful music. And he plays from memory. I know how difficult it is for me to play a simple song on the piano with music so I marveled at how easy he made it look. As I watched him I worried that this might be a dying music form. So when he finished I asked him if young people were taking lessons. He assured me they are and that there will be a concert in the near future and one of the organist is 20. It was good to know that this music tradition will carry on into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment