Monday, January 11, 2010

January 10 Frost


January 10 Frost, originally uploaded by NedraI.

I wasn't going to take my camera into the rink today but quickly changed my mind when I was the frost laden glass doors. First I shot from outside but my shadow was in the way as well as reflections from outside. So I moved inside and tried again. They came out really blue and then I remembered what I had read about white balance while on the ride to Erie. So I made some changes to the Kelvin and they turned out better. I made a few more changes in Photoshop. I love the delicate feathery look of frost.

1 comment:

  1. Well done and it is good to see how much people have learnt and evolved with their photography since the beginning of the photo challenge in 2009. The pattern is really interesting and makes me think of that old 70's style window glass still present in so many Australian homes!

    ReplyDelete