Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23 Snowbabies


January 23 Snowbabies, originally uploaded by NedraI.

We're all collectors of something. Find an interesting way to display and make a photo of a collection today.

This was a tough decision. Do I take a picture of snowmen, cookie cutters, Fiesta Ware, Blue Fenton glass, copper or my Snowbabies. I decided I didn't photograph any snowbabies last year so they won. I collected these for years and have so many that they all don't fit on top of the piano any more. So I finally quit collecting them.

I took many shots but decided on this one showing my three favorites. I love children's books and one of the few things I miss about being in a regular classroom is reading to my students. There would be days as a first/second grade teacher that I would realize at the end of the day that I hadn't had time to read a book to my students that day. That always left me feeling sad and frustrated. I love the moose because it reminds me of being a mom and always looking out for my kids no matter how big or old they grow. My third favorite is the hockey player simply because both my kids have played hockey since the age of 4 and it's the only sport I truly love to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment