Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24 Car Lights


January 24 Car Lights, originally uploaded by NedraI.

Sunday challenge: Experiment with shutter speed today by making a photo with a long exposure.

This is something I've been wanting to try! But I've had trouble getting my camera to a correct setting. I finally asked my husband and he said to check the menu for a setting and sure enough that was the problem. So with that fixed I walked over a couple of blocks to our busiest street and tried it out. When I got home I jumped on my bike in the basement and listened to a Photography 101 podcast about nighttime photography, yep I did that a little backwards! I set my ISO way to high according to that show. So , next time I'll make that adjustment. I had fun playing around with Photoshop. I changed the exposure so you don't really see the houses or the dirty snow along the road. I had one person that turned the corner stop and ask what I was doing. I'm looking forward to trying some more long exposures and night time shots.

1 comment:

  1. Neat shot made even better by the Photoshop changes. By the way there's no one right way to learn. Better late than never.

    ReplyDelete