Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9 Stick Caterpillar Head


August 9 Stick Caterpillar Head, originally uploaded by NedraI.

When my husband pointed this out www.flickr.com/photos/nedrai/4877856220/ I thought it was a stick and didn't believe him that it was some kind of caterpillar. But once I took a picture and could zoom in I could see he was right. It didn't move much even if we touched it. It's still there tonight although laying down without actually touching the wood post. I found a few other pictures of it online but not much info so far. It sounds like it might be an inch worm. If you know anything about this strange creature please share.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is pretty remarkable up close. Would NEVER have guessed they looked like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent shot in a creepy kind of way. Great close up!

    ReplyDelete