Friday, January 1, 2016

Photo Goals for 2016

Well, it's been a year and a half since I posted here! In good news I have continued to take pictures but just neglectful when it comes to blogging.

This past fall Heidi encouraged me to post one of my photos to Macro Mondays.
I did and I have continued to participate in the challenges most Mondays since then. So, my goal this year is to try and meet all 52 challenges and to try and come up with two different images most weeks. Macro photography is my favorite so this is a fun challenge and a weekly commitment is easier than a daily one.

I'm not sure how the algorithm works for Explore on Flickr but since participating in Macro Mondays several of my shots have shown up there. What a surprise that first time when I woke up to so many messages that people had faved/commented on my photo, I wasn't sure what was going on. This is my favorite shot to the group so far, weathered and worn



I have my eye on a macro photo conference later in the year. There are a couple of macro photographers that I follow on Facebook that will be presenting there, one is Don Komarechka, an awesome photographer of snowflakes. The price is reasonable and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it to that.

This past year I took photos of two families for Christmas cards.


I think I would like to do more of that as a side business once I retire from teaching. Anything to bring in a little extra cash. Another idea I have floating around is possibly doing some notecards with my macro shots and trying sell them at craft shows or Etsy. I've got some research to do before deciding on that venture.  Continuing to improve my skills at shooting groups of people and lighting will need to be areas to work on throughout the new year as well.

For now...first flakes of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment