Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 10 Habitat for Humanity


April 10 Habitat for Humanity , originally uploaded by NedraI.

Late last fall a friend asked if I'd be interested in taking pictures for a local Habitat for Humanity project. Of course I said yes. Today I finally went to take some pictures. A group of local college kids were volunteering to help build a shed at Lowe's. They would be working from 9-1 both Saturday and Sunday. I went out about 11, yes I was waiting for it to warm up a bit. I don't take many pictures of people so this was a bit of a challenge for me. I tried hard to stay out of the way.
I think it's a great experience for the students. Not only were they working on a worthwhile project they were learning a new skill from the supervisors. I received news late this afternoon that the shed is done so I won't have to go back tomorrow. Now I'm wishing I had gone back later this afternoon to get some pictures of it further along under construction. Nice job to all that participated.

No comments:

Post a Comment