Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 11-Forsythia


April 11-Forsthia, originally uploaded by NedraI.

The forsythias are blooming and bring a wonderful splash of yellow to the neighborhood. Ours is blooming on the top and a few along the sides. Nothing like most of the other ones we see. I'm not sure if that's due to the fact that we trim ours several times a year because it's so close to the deck. But, the lack of blossoms didn't keep me from photographing it. I tried it with my phone camera the other day but I wasn't happy with those at all. But I think this shot today captures their beauty very nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Such bright and beautiful flowers. Do they smell as wonderful as they look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think yellow is the happiest colour. This makes me smile. My forsythia sound like yours - even though I don't trim them. Sparse flowers on leggy branches

    ReplyDelete