Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 2 Peregrine Falcon


April 2 Peregrine Falcon, originally uploaded by NedraI.

After taking pictures at the Utica marsh my husband and I headed downtown to have breakfast at the Triangle diner. Last week my husband had noticed this falcon sitting on this bank and sure enough it was there again today. I used his camera to take a few shots. While we were doing this a gentleman came up and asked if we wanted to go to the top of his office building to get some shots. Of course we did so we went across the street and he unlocked some doors and took us to the top of his building. It meant climbing some old dark staircases but it was worth it. The pictures from there didn't turn out great because our lens is not that strong but being able to see her nesting box and listen to the man talk about her was great. She's been there 3 years and the DEC put the box in last year. She has laid an egg twice but neither of them hatched. The man is concerned because he hasn't see the male in over a month.

This one is a little out of order. I took it with my husband's camera so it didn't get downloaded with my pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I like this shot. Looks like you got him trying to take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot and interesting story.

    ReplyDelete