Saturday, March 7, 2009

Macro Lens


Macro Lens, originally uploaded by ElementaryTechTeacher.

Tonight my husband and I returned to the photo club. This time there was a presentation on macro/nature photography. Perfect topic in my opinion. I love taking pictures but really have so much to learn about the technical aspects. Some of what she talked about went over my head but other topics I had a basic understanding of and hearing it again reinforced it. I decided one of the things I need to learn is simply what kind of lenses I use. This one here is my favorite. It's the one I use to take the shots of the snowflakes. I'm looking forward to using it in the garden again this year now that I have the Gorilla tripod so I don't have to handhold the camera when I'm out there crawling around. Next month we're going to a class at the local photo store to learn about the different settings and features on our cameras. I'm looking forward to the new learning.

2 comments:

  1. Please share what you learn. I have read a lot about macrophotography and photography in general but not about the settings on my camera other than what is in the users manual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally I got Blogger to let me post...Perserverance is the name of the game huh?

    ReplyDelete